Shield Blend (Thieves) is a mixture of undiluted, 100% pure, USDA certified organic essential oils of Clove Bud, Lemon, Cinnamon Bark, Eucalyptus Radiata, and Rosemary.
Cultivation Method: USDA Certified Organic
Approximate Shelf Life: 1 – 2 years
Max dilution: 0.45%
See our General Safety Guidelines for recommended usage.
This oil is not safe for children.
This blend is great for a variety of skin issues including eczema, psoriasis, boils, pimples, warts, acne, athlete’s foot, and others. It also helps fight signs of aging with powerful antioxidants and by improving elasticity. It is an effective aid in a range respiratory issues from cough and congestion to bacterial and viral infections. It also supports the immune system and aids digestion. It will help prevent cuts and wounds from becoming infected as well as speed the healing process. It is also great for dental health, allergies, cold sores, pain relief, insect bites and stings, and Lyme disease. On top of all this, it can help ease stress and anxiety.
Around the house the oil can be used to sanitize, remove odors, purify the air, remove adhesives, and destroy mold.
Add a maximum of 1 drop (0.05 mL) to 10 mL of carrier oil (or 0.45%) for topical applications.
Apply mixture and rub into skin on desired area, wrists, neck, abdomen, or during massage. Avoid freshly broken skin, eyes, and sensitive areas.
Shield Blend oil can cause CNS and breathing problems in young children, therefore, avoid use on or near the face of children under 2 years of age. This oil can interact (through oral routes) with pethidine, MAOIs, indirect sympathomimetics, SSRIs, medications treating blood clotting, major surgery, peptic ulcer, hemophilia, and other bleeding disorders. Avoid using on diseased or damaged skin or if hypersensitive. This oil may be oil may be embryotoxic and inhibit blood clotting.
This oil can be phototoxic and should not be used topically above concentrations of 6.8% on areas of skin that will be exposed to sunlight in the next 12 hours.
Below are some potential drug interactions for Shield Blend. Check with your healthcare provider before using Shield Blend essential oil if you are currently taking prescription medication.
- Diabetes medications (Antidiabetic drugs) such as Amaryl, glyburide (DiaBeta, Glynase PresTab, Micronase), insulin, Actos, Avandia, Diabinese, Glucotrol, Orinase and others.
- Medications that slow blood clotting (Anticoagulant/Antiplatelet drugs) such as aspirin, clopidogrel (Plavix), diclofenac (Voltaren, Cataflam, others), ibuprofen (Advil, Motrin, others), naproxen (Anaprox, Naprosyn, others), dalteparin (Fragmin), enoxaparin (Lovenox), heparin, warfarin (Coumadin), and others.
- Verteporfin – effectiveness is reduced.
- MAOIs – Isocarboxazid (Marplan), Phenelzine (Nardil), Selegiline (Eldepryl, Emsam, Zelapar), Tranylcypromine (Parnate), and others.
- SSRIs – citalopram (Celexa), escitalopram (Lexapro), fluoxetine (Sarafem, Prozac, Prozac Weekly, Selfemra, Rapiflux), fluvoxamine (Luvox, Luvox CR), paroxetine (Paxil, Paxil CR, Pexeva, Brisdelle), sertraline (Zoloft), and others.
Avoid old or oxidized Shield Blend oil. Store in refrigerator to extend shelf life.
We do not recommend topical use in concentrations above 0.45%
This oil is not safe for children (2 years and under).
Avoid when pregnant or breastfeeding.
Extreme overuse of essential oils can be very dangerous, and even fatal in rare cases(ingestion by children). Always follow our General Safety Guidelines and dilute your oils. Some people may have adverse or allergic reactions. Do not ingest essential oil. Avoid contact with eyes and sensitive areas. Keep out of reach of children.
All of our oils are of USDA certified organic origin, 100% natural, non-GMO, and Cruelty-Free, unless otherwise stated. Any inquiries can be sent to email@example.com